Tuesday, October 15, 2024

A grey rainy day!

 I had forgotten to mention that, not only were we gardening on Sunday but we also cleaned the hot tub! Part of my job was to clean the lid of mould and spiders! I did need help to get it back on the hot tub!

I think I've shrunk!

Yesterday, Monday, dawned grey, cold and rainy so we headed off to Upton House  (National Trust) near Banbury Oxfordshire. The house was built in 1695. It's last owner was Viscount Bearsted who inherited a large fortune from his father, the founder of the Shell oil company.

The Viscount was a major collector of art, mainly English and Continental old masters. The house is more like an art gallery than house. The unusual part about this house is that you can view the old masters at close quarters and not behind a barricade!

We then wandered around the gardens - the autumn colours were gorgeous,






These Cedar trees are 350 years old!
Not sure that my aching muscles from my gardening stint were helped by all the walking!

Doesn't matter how much exercise I'm doing it isn't helping my jet lag!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment