It was another foray into the garden - we were going to have another attack on the tomatoes! There seems to have been a lot of self seeding of these 'monsters'! It was time to pull them all up! Green tomatoes are now in the greenhouse and another batch of tomato soup was made - I think I'll give tomatoes a miss for a while!!
There seems to be a plethora of butternut pumpkins - last count 24 rather large offerings. I suppose pumpkin soup will be a change from tomato in the winter!
There were a few zucchini/ courgette plants to be dug up - I felt like I was being overwhelmed by vegetables!
We did manage to get a swim in before lunch but after picking apples and pears.
After a few days in the garden clearing up, putting away, harvesting and swimming, today we head to Southampton. We are expected to board at 1pm and as everyone has to be on board by 3:15 we expect to leave English shores soon after.
Our first port of callis St John's, Nova Scotia in 6 days time!!! So until then .....


No comments:
Post a Comment