Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Off on my travels again!

 So schools are about to return after their summer break so it's my turn to get 'Far from the Madding Crowd'!

I decided to head for a slightly cooler area after the high temps and humidity of yesterday not only was it cool (15C!) but also raining!!! Instead of using the highways I opted for the byways! My journey south took me to Nowra where I veered off into unknown territory! I was slightly worried when I saw a sign which said, 'Gravel Road unsuitable for 2 wheel drive in wet weather'! The rain kept pouring down! Take a chance I convinced myself - well almost! As I travelled I noticed  that a number of the vehicles heading towards me were definately 2 wheel drive which gave me more confidence.

 I was told by a friend - who will remain nameless! ( Sorry MR) - to visit the Tianjara falls in the Morton National park. As you can see from the photos the day was less than perfect!





 

Onward ever onward! I certainly came across many gravel roads and apart from the fact that the car is now brown instead of red all was well - so there had been no need to worry!


Passing scenery!
With the weather being so awful I did venture on to a better road to continue the journey to Jindabyne. It was interesting to see how dry the country was - I thought it would be greener. I was impressed to see huge solar farms and it was lovely to see Kangaroos safely bounding along in the padocks. Driving along brings the reality of how bad the fires had been last year. Many trees didn't survive but the ones that did look so 'fluffy' with their new growth.


     I made it to Jindabyne, booked in  at my hotel and then had a wander around the local area. It was still drizzly and misty but the lake looked impressive all the same! It does seem funny to see the signs for 'Ski and chain hire'!




The day brightened up as I was having dinner.
I'm hoping tomorrow is brighter!




No comments:

Post a Comment