Friday, March 1, 2024

All aboard!

 My first foray into cruising started simply enough with a trip on the free bus to the station, train to Sydney, light rail to Pyrmont, nice lunch with Kerry and Uber to White Bay Cruise terminal.

It was a straight forward process to board - check in, passport control, up the gang plank, bag check, glass of champagne thrust into one's hand and then into cabin!

I explored my cabin- didn't take long! As my Icase hadn't been bought to my room I took off to explore the ship! I might get fit if I use the stairs all the time! It seems quite spacious and open with plenty of sun loungers. There are a number of restaurants and lounges. I was shown around the spa and entered the draw for a spa voucher - later when the draw happened I was one of the winners!! That will be something to do on one of the sea days!

5pm everyone was called for a 'muster' demonstration - let's hope that we never have to do it for real! I got chatting to a mother and daughter who are in the next cabin and we ended having dinner together. It was a warm humid night but beautiful to sit outside watching the sunset. It was a Sydney Seafood buffet and the freshly shocked Sydney rock oysters were delicious! I didn't make the 11pm disco!

Today, Saturday, has dawned grey and humid with another ship arriving to join us. We were supposed to leave Sydney at 6pm tonight at 6pm but that has changed to 23:55 .I will make sure I have a siesta this afternoon so that I awake and dancing at the  Sailaway dance party starting at 11:15pm. Can't miss sailing under the bridge and past the Opera House!

I am meeting Kerry in a little while for a walk around Balmain to where we lived in the late '70s.


No comments:

Post a Comment