Saturday, March 16, 2024

Sailing onward!

 We had two days at sea between PNG and Palau. It was a pretty rocky ride - seeing 'sick bags' on the stairs will give you an idea of what I mean!!!


Getting food at the buffet was interesting 🤣


There have been interesting lectures each day about the area and animals we are visiting.


Yesterday, I had a massage - I  wanted to use the $150 voucher I'd won. It was a very nice hot stone massage. Luckily, even with all the rocking and rolling, I managed to stay on the massage bed. 


Each night at 6 p.m., I catch up with 4 other ladies to have a drink - we like to be on the deck in the fresh air. We all have a good laugh!


At 8:15:each evening, we head to the Cabaret lounge to enjoy the entertainment.Last night, we listened to an amazing violinist from the Philippines!


Before the show I went to the Ladies and as I was coming out the ship lurched and I shot out of the door and across the gangway - visualise a body being shot out of a cannon - that was me!Two women walking along got a real shock and said it was a good thing there was a wall to stop me - if it had been an open door to the deck I  would have probably disappeared over the side!


We are now anchored off Palau - we have to tender off the ship. I have had to cancel the Jellyfish  Lake trip as with climate change, there are very few of them - I am going on a different snorkelling trip!


There has been an outbreak of covid amongst some of the crew. We have to wear masks to leave the ship - Palau's rule!


It is so beautiful here. Good thing I changed the trip as people only saw 2 Jellyfish! Instead, I saw loads of fish and swam with white nose sharks!!! Amazing!!! Thank goodness I was with the ships excursion because we were late back -

 they had to pull alongside the ship to enable us to embark!

During the cruise from Cairns, we have encountered gale force winds, strong currents, and ocean swells, and, according to the powers that be, more fuel than calculated has been used! We are now making an unscheduled stop in Cebu, Philippines! We are now trying to work out the credits they are giving us for this change in plans - good thing I go with the flow!! 

Last night, we had a surprise dinner out on the deck. The food was amazing - I  just can't describe it - consequently I  will be on a lettuce leaf and water diet when I get home!

Using ship wifi - can't upload photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment