Sunday, March 3, 2024

Sydney to Mooloolaba!

 A few pictures from my first day on board Azamara Onward!




After meeting Kerry  near the ship, we wandered up into Balmain to check on our old houses. Such a disappointment to see how the beautiful house on Reynolds Street had been made into a two storey monstrosity  - it was also now two houses.! The first house we ever bought is still standing and looked in good shape!

I did have to have a nanny nap as the sailing time had changed from 6 pm to 11:30 pm and I wanted to be awake to see us going under the bridge and past the Opera House.. Had a brilliant view from my balcony!  Once we got through the heads, I literally rolled into bed. Well, the swell was up! 

I did see a beautiful sunrise, but because  at 2am the clocks went back one hour to Queensland time, I'd woken at 5am!   After a  got up and went on the walking track. I did my 13 laps or one nautical mile!

Suday
The  food is very good with so much variety.  Last night was French night , tonight is Mexican. Breakfast is the best.The wine just keeps flowing!

I listened to an interesting lecture  about a short Australia history given by an American - he did admit there were certain things that Australia did far better than the States! Unfortunately, he was unable to get his 'tongue' round our stop tomorrow, which is Mooloolaba. Aussies in the crowd were trying  to get him to pronounce it properly, but he admitted defeat!

With my early wake-up, I had an early snooze -  I even missed lunch! 

Now  listening to a talk on ' The secrets of smartphone photography '.    

Arrived in Mooloolaba about 8am where we anchored off shore. I had  watched the pilot boat come alongside for the pilot came on board - I was doing my walking laps and got my one nautical mile in before breakfast! 
The view of the  coastline was spectacular!

I caught the tender to shore - luckily it's not  rough! It's very hot and humid here but I did have a swim. Now enjoying a shandy at the Mooloolaba surf club before heading back.

















No comments:

Post a Comment